One of my favorite weekend getaways is in Flagstaff, Arizona.
Though Flagstaff is a small town it has much more to offer than you would think.
Here is just one of many itinerary’s for a weekend in Flagstaff.
– Explore the Lava Caves –
Lava River Cave is a natural formation remaining from a lava tube – this trail is an 0.8 mile out and back trail and is perfect for any level hiker.
The entrance to the cave is a medium sized crevice; just big enough to wiggle your way down to the cave floor.
- Hiking Shoes/ Sneakers – floor may be muddy, wear shoes worth getting dirty.
- Jackets – the caves are much cooler than the temperature outside, layer up!
- Water Bottle
- HEADLAMP – it is pitch black inside this cave, be aware.
– Grab a Drink Downtown –
There are plenty of places to grab a drink in Downtown Flagstaff – the question is; What kind of drink are you looking for? Here are just a few spots that may be calling your name:
- Cocktails – Rendezvous Lounge in the Monte Vista hotel lobby. Warm up with their famous Whiskey Chai Latte (pictured above). Click here for Happy Hour info.
- Craft Beer – Mother Road Brewing Co. offers a 10, 16 or 20 oz of their many in house craft brew’s.
- Wine – FLG Terrior is Flagstaff’s own Speakeasy Wine Bar has an excellent wine, meat, cheese and even board game selection. It is located in Downtown in a building upstairs – keep your eye out for it!
– See a Live Show or Concert –
Orpheum Theater offers the best in local and national artists as well as exciting and unique film screenings.
The Green Room is Flagstaffs premier live music venue and lounge.
Monte Vista Hotel‘s bi-level lounge offers a wide variety of live music most Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights.
– Stay at the Monte Vista –
Hotel Monte Vista is one of Flagstaffs many treasures. This haunted hotel holds many secrets – find out for yourself by booking a room here!
This is just the start of what Flagstaff, Arizona has to offer – but its a good start for now.
xoxo ♥ AB