Mother Road Brewing Company
After a day of hiking, skiing or snowboarding in Flagstaff there is nothing better than a cold locally crafted beer shared with friends – and this locally owned brewery is just the place to do so.
– Behind the Brewery –
Mother Road Brewing Company has more than just a love for beer, they have love for the adventure! The owners Michael and Alissa created their brewery soon after arriving home from ‘the’ road trip through Route 66. This road trip sparked the idea in them; to bring together their passion of craft beer, travel, Arizona and the enjoyment of life – thus Mother Road Brewing Company was born.
“Finding Joy in the Adventure”
– The Mother Road Experience –
Mother Road Brewing Company takes pride in their welcoming communal ambiance; with no TV’s, soft music and an abundance of board games it is easier to stay connected with the people around you while enjoying one of Mother Road’s beloved craft beers.
Upon walking through the gates of Mother Road the brewery greets you with a spacious shaded patio beautifully decorated with bistro lights and wooden picnic-style benches – creating the ultimate hang out for dog owners, large group get together’s or a family outing.
WHAT TO ORDER:
- Tower Station IPA – The concept that makes Mother Road beers stand out among any other in Flagstaff is not only their well crafted flavors, but the story behind the beers. The Tower Station IPA is named after the historic U-Drop Inn on Route 66 and happens to be Mother Road’s most popular seller.
- Beer Flights – If you’re like me, you like to sample everything! Order one of their beer flights to get a taste of them all.
- First Time Visitors – Be sure to order their in-house only beers! The brewery has their staple beers on tap at all times such as the Tower Station IPA, Kolsch, and Lost Highway Double Black IPA as well as their rotating “detour” (a.k.a seasonal) beers. You can find their staple beers at your local grocery store – though the “detour” beers are in-house only.
– Eats –
Here are the restaurants that Mother Road Brewery is affiliated with:
Flagstaff’s most authentic wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizza spot is located inside the same white brick building as Mother Road Brewery. Every day from 5pm till close Pizzicletta partners with Mother Road on bringing freshly prepared and organic starters, pizzas and home-made gelato straight to you at the brewery.
WHAT TO ORDER:
- Burrata & Smoked Fruit – house-made Burrata cheese and smoked fruit topped with espresso walnuts and balsamic pearls.
- House-roasted Olives – creating a beautiful twist on olives this dish is seasoned with lemon, garlic and calabrian chilies.
- Margherita – naturally-leavened pizza dough fermented for 3 days is prepared with house-made mozzarella, basil and olive oil.
TIP: Order your Margherita pizza with thinly sliced soppressata – it is the icing on top!
Enjoy your brewery experience with a lunch from Proper Meats + Provisions – they offer a daily delivery service straight to you at Mother Road featuring their in-house cured meats, sandwiches, salads and more!
Mother Road Brewery recently bought and reopened one of Flagstaffs most historic cafe’s; The Grand Canyon Cafe. Both Proper Meats and Mother Road wanted to not restore the building, but keep the history alive!
WHAT TO ORDER:
- Special Breakfast – two fluffy biscuits smothered in Mother Road IPA gravy. How could you go wrong?
Be sure to stop at Mother Road Brewery on your next trip to Flagstaff while always #findingjoyintheadventure
xoxo ♥ AB