Epcot Theme Park is the grown-up version of a Disney vacation. Spend a day taking the challenge of ‘Drinking Around the World’ – the idea is to drink one beer, cocktail or glass of wine at each of the 11 countries featured in Epcot.
Here is all you need to know about Epcot before you go!
– Where to Start –
Epcot is all about unique cuisines, authentic shopping and of course their iconic drinks! There are 11 countries to explore; Mexico, Norway, China, Italy, United States, Morocco, Canada, Japan, France, Germany and United Kingdom.
While most people start in Mexico, be sure to start your Epcot exploration in Canada! The reason to start in Canada is simple; everyone starts in Mexico, making lines much longer than usual. Rather than spend half your day waiting in lines you could beat the crowd and get started with an ice cold Canadian brew!
– Must Have Drinks –
Here is a list of the MUST HAVE drinks throughout the park for an authentic Epcot experience:
- Canada – Try a Torontopolitan or a cold craft La Fin du Monde beer.
- United Kingdom – The ultimate Epcot bar experience is at the Rose & Crown Pub. Here you can do an Irish Car Bomb or enjoy a 20oz pour of Guinness on draft.
- France – Les Vins des Chefs de France serves an Orange Grand Marnier Slush tasting exactly like a spiked Creamsickle.
- Morocco – Imagine yourself on a beach when ordering the Andalucian Nights – a concoction of brandy, rum, OJ, and piña colada mix.
- Japan – We all know what to get – SAKE BOMBS! Order Sake and an Kirin Ichiban beer to combine and enjoy.
- U.S.A – It is time to celebrate our independence with a Whiskey-spiked frozen lemonade or Cigar City Maduro Brown Ale.
- Italy – Enjoy a refreshing, ice cold Limoncello from many of the carts throughout Italy.
- Germany – My personal favorite, the Barenjager Honey & Bourbon cocktail.
- China – Try their signature Tsingtao beer imported from China!
- Norway – Get your energy back with a Viking Coffee or Carlsberg Draft Beer!
- Mexico – Margaritas all the way! I ordered the Cucumber Specialty Margarita from La Cava Tequila Bar.
Can you now see why Drinking Around the World can be a challenge?
A cup of water in every country is a must. Drink safe!
– Get Festive –
Show your team spirit with custom made t-shirts for the whole crew!
- “No one drinks like Gaston – challenge accepted”
- “E(very) P(erson) C(omes) O(ut) T(oasted)”
- “Hakuna some Vodka”
You can order yours through Etsy or a custom design t-shirt company near you.
Here is an activity the whole group will love while strolling through Epcot:
Have everyone in your group choose a hat from a different country. There is one rule; no one can have the same hat!
You’ve got eleven countries to choose from – which one will suit you?
– Satisfying Finger Foods –
Epcot is a foodie’s paradise and finger foods are a must when it comes to Drinking Around the World!
Here are a few foods that both you and your Mickey or Minnie should share together:
- United Kingdom – It is a toss up between the Fish & Chips or a boozy Sticky Toffee Pudding at Rose & Crown. Which will your taste buds dance for?
- France – Find freshly baked from scratch bread and pastries at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie, or their home made French ice cream at L’Artisan des Glaces.
- Germany – Get ready for a hand-twisted soft pretzel bigger than both your heads – combined! Look for it at the Sommerfest stand.
- Mexico – Thick-cut tortilla chips, spicy red salsa, fresh guacamole, and oozy queso dip – The Trio Combo from La Cava Tequila Bar is the perfect Mexican sampler.
– Preperations –
Drinking Around the World in Epcot is an all new theme park know-how in itself.
Here are some tips on how to be well prepared for the day:
- Drink lots of water! For every boozy drink I recommend having one glass of water to keep yourself hydrated in the Florida sun.
- No need to go early; start your day off by sleeping in, having a big breakfast and then casually making your way to the theme park. Epcot does not close till 9pm – you have all day.
- Being in the sun all day can take a toll on your body. Bring sunscreen to protect yourself from burning.
- Epcot is 300 acres round – wear comfortable shoes. You don’t want to be blistering while trying to have fun.
- SHARE DRINKS – if you want to last longer throughout the day and save room for your favorite pours, finger foods and treats then it is simple; share your drinks!
Drinking Around the World is such a brilliant and new experience from other Disney parks. Now is the time to enjoy every second, indulge in a variety of delicious foods and sip on endless crafty cocktails and draft beers.
Salud! Santé! Kampai! Salute! Prost! In other words – Cheers!!
xoxo ♥ AB