Phoenix’s hottest scenic rooftop pool, a cool drink in your hand and no where to be but in the center of a beautiful, lively city in a sleek, urban hotel.
Here is your guide to planning your ultimate Downtown Phoenix summer stay-cation.
– Plan Your Stay –
There are many hotels to choose from here in Downtown Phoenix, though a favorite among the locals is the Kimpton Hotel Palomar. Not only is there a sense of upscale style and sophisticated swank, the hotel also resides in a prime location – outweighing any other hotel in the Downtown Phoenix area.
With a wide selection of classic cocktails bars, decedent dining, and a nightlife hub known as CityScape all at the touch of a finger, you’re sure to combine all of the luxuries of a relaxing yet playful stay-cation.
Play hard and rest easy, as their Guest Rooms are ideal for your weekend stay. Every guest room is outfitted with a luxe sleek design including contemporary furnishings, local art and all of the latest amenities.
Hotel guests are welcome to experience the complimentary Hosted Happy Hour which takes place Monday – Sunday 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m downstairs next to Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails. Hosted Happy Hour features blends of red and white wines paired with a selection of fresh baked flat breads. Cheers!
Kimpton Hotel Palomar positions their guests among the best in the city. Wouldn’t you like to be a part of it?
– Poolside Manners –
Manners? Don’t be silly! Simply relax and enjoy the many amenities that the Palomar rooftop pool has to offer.
Their exclusive LUSTRE Rooftop Bar offers a wide variety of local and seasonal specialties featuring delicious poolside dishes and signature cocktails. A must-try is their Adult Capri Suns served in a juice box pouch – think of those sugary sweet flavors that we remember as a kid, but with a little kick!
With Palomar’s sparkling blue pool, striking city views and accommodating Rooftop Bar, it is easy to see why it was voted one of the “10 Best Pools in Phoenix” by Phoenix New Times.
Insider tip: You don’t have to be a guest to enjoy the pool – just simply order a few drinks and/or an appetizer during your visit (like you wouldn’t have done that anyway).
– Dinner at Blue Hound –
Just steps away from your chic, cozy hotel room is an exquisite dinner awaiting your arrival.
Blue Hound Kitchen & Cocktails is especially known for their locally butchered Certified Angus beef steaks, decedent appetizers and hand crafted cocktails. Indulge in the flavors of a 22Oz Bone in Ribeye drizzled with barrel age Blue Hound sauce alongside one of their many savory starters and cocktail of choice. I can see your mouth watering already.
Their menu is catered to please every palate with chef-driven, New American cuisine.
– Downtown Activities –
- Bike Rides – the Palomar offers complimentary PUBLIC bikes to cruise the vibrant neighborhood. I would recommend riding over to Roosevelt Row where even more of the action is happening!
- Baseball Game at Chase Field – become a part of a Major League baseball game at Chase Field and cheer along with the other forty-nine thousand sports fans. Maybe you’ll get to see our home team, the Arizona Diamondbacks, hit the ball out the park!
- Explore the many Museums – click here for a list of the best Phoenix Museums, brought to you by Visit Phoenix.
- Orpheum Theater – housed in a historic, 1920’s building on Adams Street in Downtown Phoenix, the Orpheum Theater is the place to go to catch a Broadway production, ballet or opera performance.
- CityScape – CityScape is the vibrant and trendy heart of Downtown Phoenix. Full of shops, eateries, bars and clubs, it’s the place to be late afternoon and evening to feel the real Downtown vibe.
- Stand Up Live Comedy Club – Phoenix’s best comedy club is eventful yet intimate. While featuring some of the biggest and brightest comedy stars all year round, you’re sure to find yourself a great time here.
- Lucky Strike Bowling – Modernized bowling with a twist of nightlife. Lounge, dance, bowl and drink up! Expect regular DJ appearances and a 21+ policy at night.
- Must Try Cocktail Bars: click here for a list of the best cocktails bars in Metro Phoenix, brought to you by Phoenix New Times.
As you can see, Downtown Phoenix is a destination worth exploring this summer.
And be sure to follow me on Instagram @southwestsampler for all things southwest.
xoxo ♥ AB